Rachel Ramsey Cruze, daughter of Dave Ramsey, shares some great ways to be smart with your money during the Christmas season.
More tips from Rachel:
Make a holiday budget.
- • Make a list of everyone you are buying a gift for.
- • Put a dollar amount next to their name.
- • Make sure to include extras like parties and gifts for coworkers.
- • Check out mychristmasbudget.com: a free, online tool for budgeting.
Don’t panic if you haven’t started saving!
• Once you’ve created your budget, see if you’ll be able to set aside enough cash.
• If you’re short on cash, pick up some extra work to make extra cash.
• Give of your time and talents.
• Let friends and family know your situation if you can’t afford gifts.
Don’t go into debt for gifts.
• Put the amount of cash you plan to spend in an envelope.
• Once the money is gone, stop shopping! Avoid signing up for credit cards to get “extra” savings.
• Don’t go overboard – your kids won’t remember every single toy they received and they won’t be traumatized if they don’t get the latest “it” item.
Tags: Rachel Cruze