We’re all experiencing the impact of the public health risks and concerns amid the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic. During this time it is important that to remember that our Hope and Faith is in Jesus, and we are ALL in this together. Keep in mind that some of our friends and neighbors are facing greater risks and needs, as various precautionary restrictions are put into place to reduce the risk of exposure to the virus.
If you or someone you know has a need, or if you want to help those with a need, we’ve put together the following list of community resources. This list will continue to be updated as the situation progresses.
FOOD & ASSISTANCE:
- Springs Rescue Mission
- Mercy’s Gate
- Care and Share
- Salvation Army
- El Paso Emergency Relief
- Marian House
- School Meal Pickup – Check out COSILOVEYOU for more details!
- Family Life Services
- Woodmen Valley Chapel – ACTS Outreach
- United Way – or dial 2-1-1
- Crossfire Ministries
- Free Food Delivery – Lists for local restaurants are on local news stations like KOAA and national chains can be found lists like this from Business Insider
- Beautiful Redemption
- Pikes Peak Suicide Prevention
- A Caring Pregnancy Center Pueblo
- Foster Together
- More than a Meal at 502 walnut st., Colorado Springs, CO is also serving every Saturday at 7am
- Harley’s Hope Pet Needs
- Colorado Pet Pantry
- Tide Cleaners providing free laundry for immediate family of first responders. Reach out to Marcus – email@example.com
- Dollar General – the first hour of store operations each day will be dedicated for senior shoppers.
- Target – the first store hour on Wednesdays to the elderly and those with compromised immune systems.
- Whole Foods – the first hour of shopping to those over 60 years of age.
- Safeway – the first two hours of shopping every Tuesday and Thursday for elderly and at-risk customers.
- Silver Key
- Don’t forget to check on your neighbors via NextDoor, Ring, or a good phone call!
ENTERTAINMENT & EDUCATION:
- Xfinity is offering free temporary wifi!
Many educational websites are offering free access during the quarantine period:
- Scholastic is offering is offering their Learn from Home program for free during this time!
- abcmouse.com, ReadingIQ.com, and AdventureAcademy.com are giving away free trials by using code SCHOOL7771
- Here’s a HUGE list of other free educational resources!
- How about some free virtual field trips?
- Kahn Academy offers free classes and a suggested home learning schedule based on grade!
- PBS Kids is sending out a daily newsletter with lots of homeschool tips!
- Got a budding artist in your family? Popular child’s author Mo Willems is hosting an online drawing class on YouTube!
- Audible is offering free stories!
- The Chosen is free phone app that tells the story of Jesus!
- Bible App for Kids has a host of animated bible shorts.
- Weave Family provides devotionals and fun activities for you and your kids to stay on mission and think globally while right at home!
- Family content can always be found at Focus on the Family and Family Life.
- Pray for others by visiting the WAY-FM Prayer Wall.
- Chat with a counselor!
- Pikes Peak Suicide Prevention
- Report an abusive situation
- Find church livestreams in Colorado
- If you think you may be experiencing symptoms, you can call the COVID-19 Public Information Hotline: (877) 857-2945, available daily, 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
- You can also call the local health department if you are experiencing symptoms.
- The Center for Disease Control (CDC)offers a lot of helpful information on prevention, symptoms and treatment.