Position: Chief of Marketing / Houston General Manager
Reports To: COO
Location: Humble, TX
Hope Media Group (HMG) is a multi-platform ministry that includes three Contemporary Christian Music radio brands: the national network of WayFM stations, Spanish-formatted Vida Unida, and KSBJ in Houston; plus, exclusively digital Christian Hip-Hop stream NGEN, exclusively digital Christian Rock stream WAYLOUD, digital content portals Hope On Demand and Way Nation, AMEN: The Prayer App, and a live event production brand called Special Events.
The Chief of Marketing (CoM) responsibilities include growing the reach of HMG’s family of brands so our mission of engaging people to love Jesus, serve others, and spread Hope is realized across the nation and world. This includes brand awareness, increasing audience growth on all platforms, leading our merchandising/retail programs and brand extensions. The CoM will plan and manage the corporate marketing budget each fiscal year.
The CoM will carry a second role as General Manager of our Houston-based radio stations, KSBJ and KHVU (Vida Unida), be based at HMG’s home office in Houston, Texas and reside in the Houston metro area. This responsibility is externally focused on community relations and local partnerships, which includes being a point person to KSBJ’s President’s Council.
- Provide strategy for engaging larger audiences for the sake of the HMG mission;
- Generate more revenue/build donor base
- Provide leadership and direction for the Marketing team
- Serve as a member of the Senior Leadership team
Campaign Design and Implementation
- Provides strategy for successful marketing campaigns for multiple brands that results in building audience growth and enhanced donor participation and sales
- Achieve marketing goals set in conjunction with the CEO and COO
- Plan campaigns based on internal and external analytics to generate more interest in our brands
- Provide direction and oversight to the implementation of all marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership to craft and implement plans that enhance the “audience engagement pathway”, leading people from awareness to discovery to involvement to investment.
- Create and implement a merchandising strategy that equips passionate audience members to represent HMG brands, provides resources in support of the HMG mission, and generates a profit.
- Conduct market studies & analyze results to reach intended markets
- Leverage research to maximize opportunities for HMG brands
- Collaborate with Radio Programming, Digital, Donor Development and Data Analytics to align objectives
- Build network of reliable external agencies & marketing professionals
Brand Storyteller/Brand Management
- Safeguard and disseminate information about the organization brands
- Work closely with the Chief of Programming and Chief of Innovation who manage radio and digital brands and promote engagement
- Promote brand relevance and consistency by ensuring the design and implementation of the campaign is executed as intended
- Ensure the messages are clear and consistent to the brand
- Find new innovative ways to communicate and engage the audience
- Determine strategy and implementation for best marketing communication tool
- Measure engagement and adjust communications as needed
- Maintain a positive public image that aligns with HMG’s mission, culture, and values
- Interface with Houston community partners, leaders, and influencers
- Coordinate participation of the President and other executives for meeting with community influencers
- Oversee the work of the community relations department to deepen the understanding of and appreciation for the work of HMG within the community
- Pray for coworkers in team meetings
- Lead prayer in large group settings as needed
- Use Christian principles to work through conflict as outlined by the Culture tool kit
- Participate in our Listener Support Weeks and pray for donors by phone as needed
- Participate in ministry wide Christian bible studies
- Attend weekly Staff Gatherings for prayer and devotions
Requirements and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related discipline
10 years’ experience as a Chief Marketing Officer or other high-ranking marketing leader in a nationally focused or global organization
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Passion for Christian Ministry
- A balanced working knowledge and experience with traditional/mass and digital marketing tools and platforms.
- A seasoned leader of people, fiscally responsible expense manager, and budgeting/planning expert.
- A winning track-record of leadership
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to engage, influence, and build long-term relationships
- Must be proactive and innovative
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent in project management and planning skills
- Analytical skills for understanding and implementing revenue generating strategy
- Heart for Christian ministry
- Strong moral character
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Spiritually grounded and working knowledge of scripture
- Must be an active member of a Bible believing local church
To apply for this position, please click Chief of Marketing / Houston General Manager to send resume and cover letter.
Date Posted: July 2022
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com