The Donor Relationship Manager serves as a member of the Donor Engagement Team and reports directly to the Sr. Director, Donor Engagement. This position is responsible for the development and oversight of relationship building, stewardship and solicitation of individual, foundation and corporate donors and prospects in all areas of KSBJ. The Donor Relationship Manager is responsible for managing and building a portfolio of 150 to 200 major level donors, extending giving invitations to donors, care of those donors, keeping donors informed of their impact of their gifts and helping donors fulfill their passions and interest in the ministry of KSBJ.
Major Donor Outreach
- Develop strategies that support achieving KSBJ’s, VIDA UNIDA, WAY FM, NGEN and Hope Media Group’s annual giving goals through individual major level donor cultivation and solicitation
- Manage portfolio of major donors and prospects in support of all Hope Media Group services
- Develop and implement fund raising plans for individual gift solicitation from portfolio donors within the context of the overall fund-raising program
- Stewards and builds relationships with current portfolio donors
- Identifies, cultivates and solicits prospective donors
- Works with President, Chief of Development, Sr. Director and leadership team members to coordinate meetings with major donors
- Attends area events such as breakfasts, galas, sports events, rodeo, pre-concert dinners to engage with donors and prospects (requires early mornings, some evenings and some weekends.)
- Give tours of Hope Media Group facilities to donors
- Contribute to major donor appeals, newsletter and other supporting literature
- Assist Donor Engagement team with Listener Support Weeks, especially as related to major donor solicitation
- Collaborate with marketing, programming, production, prayer and other departments to ensure consistent branding and communication
- Assist with all campaigns, including Capital Campaigns
- Assist with major donor events such as Donor Dinners, galas, etc.
Research, Recordkeeping & Reporting (Monitor & Report Progress)
- Research donor and prospect backgrounds using donor research software and web support
- Maintain accurate records, utilizing CRM software, including all donors contacted and next steps
- Provide plans and activity reports to Sr. Director on a regular basis
- Maintains budget and ensures accuracy with expense records and accounts
- Pray for coworkers in team meetings
- Lead prayer in large group settings as needed
- Pray for donors when called upon to do so
- Use Christian principles to work through conflict as outlined by the Culture tool kit
- Participate in Listener Support Week and other fundraising activities, and pray for donors over the phone as needed
- Participate in ministry wide Christian bible studies
- Attend weekly Hope Huddles for prayer and devotions
- Proactively influence our culture by demonstrating a positive, energetic influence throughout the ministry.
- Consistently represent the ministry with integrity through actions, words, and behavior that supports and aligns with our Mission and Values
- Participate actively in Staff Meetings and Retreats
- Ongoing Professional development in fundraising
- Keep abreast of current tax laws, statutes, and gift planning options
- Collaborate with grant writing and Foundation connections as needed
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Assist Donor Engagement Team with other essential functions as needed
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum 7 years of experience in development/fundraising for non-profit organizations.
- Demonstrated success in securing major gifts.
- Experience in creating planned giving strategies and programs.
- Experience with capital campaigns.
- Knowledge of the Houston fundraising environment and major influencers, a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to engage, influence and build long-term relationships
- Expertise with fundraising databases
- Working knowledge of federal and state tax planning favorable to charitable giving (not required but a plus)
- Must be proactive and innovative
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point
- Heart for Christian ministry
- Strong moral character
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Spiritually grounded and working knowledge of scripture
- Must be an active member of a Bible believing local church
To apply for this position, please click Donor Relationship Manager – Major Donors to send resume, cover letter and brief testimony.
Date Posted: July 2022
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org