Position: Operations Coordinator
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Reports To: Regional Operations Director
The OC performs in a very versatile role which requires excellent organizational skills. You may be helping your Teammates accomplish their objectives one minute then planning or executing an event or promotion the next. You may conduct an interview with a ministry, then engage with listeners live on location or on various social media platforms. In short, your purpose… to serve others like Christ serves the church.
Assist with and help execute the local implementation of the WAY Media Network Services satellite format to create a properly targeted, strategic, and compelling radio station to maximize audience size, business and donor revenue and ministry impact in the communities that station serves.
Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the station automation and satellite/internet audio delivery systems and scheduling systems in order to oversee their trouble-free operation. Also, provide trouble-shooting diagnostics and be able to execute solutions to common problems of these systems. In the event of technical problems or questions, this position is a primary contact for station audio emergencies as situations arise.
Ability to voice and help execute all aspects of production, ensuring quality that reflects the market size that the station serves. This includes, but is not limited to local commercials, LLPs, station event promos, station imaging production and in-studio client recordings as needed. Assist with station promo and commercial copywriting as needed.
Ability to voice and produce local spots, local traffic reports (if needed) and weather forecasts to air on station throughout the day (if needed). Produces (and sometimes assists writing) creative spots / promos / campaigns as assigned and executes effectively.
Oversee and execute the development and implementation of a weekly public affairs program with content that meets the needs of communities of license ensuring proper documentation is provided to the Chief Operator for placement in the station public file.
Assist Chief Operator duties of station served. This includes, but is not limited to, weekly EAS logs and system inspection, online public file maintenance as needed and other duties related to executing and maintaining FCC compliance of station served.
Work with Network Content Director and Regional Operations Director to oversee the imaging of station. This also includes the writing and production of LLPs, station promos and station imaging as needed.
Keep Regional Operations Director informed at all times regarding all station technical, programming, production, and promotion issues.
Assist with execution of Support Drive on-air fundraisers and take Phone Zone calls as needed.
Pro-actively offer ideas and help execute the development and implementation of properly targeted, strategic, and effective promotions, on-air contesting and effective community outreaches that meet local needs and allow WayFM listeners to ensure proper community involvement in the market served. Also, assist with volunteer recruitment and scheduling as needed for station concerts and events.
Oversees on-site event set-up, including tent, signage, table and/or merchandise booth while representing the station at various promotions and events, live remotes for Churches, Non-Profit Organizations as well as MC duties. All while providing friendly listener interaction.
Assist with and help maintain strategic content for the station’s websites, social media sites, e-blasts and other digital media initiatives. Assist with answering listener inquiries through e-mails, social media sites and website per company guidelines.
Willingness to work weekends and evenings as area promotions and events happen.
Design and oversee printing of promotional collateral like posters, flyers, tickets, etc.
Oversee and / or execute photography and video projects as directed.
Help secure prizes for giveaways and contests.
Oversee routine vehicle cleaning and maintenance.
Recruit Volunteers and supervise volunteers at events.
Attend and participate in regular staff meetings and training.
Pray for coworkers in team meetings or with donors/listeners as needed.
Participate in Support Drives as needed.
Participate in ministry wide Christian bible studies.
Attend weekly Hope Huddle and team meetings for prayer and devotions.
Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ. Maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of the organization.
- Highly motivated team player capable of working in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong detail-oriented personality who thrives when systems are functioning correctly.
- Audio production skills and use of Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software.
- Computer experience including Microsoft Office, Google-Suite, and Apple.
- Prior radio and radio automation experience.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute radio station promotions and community outreach events.
- Ability to work independently and/or work well within a team. Must be a good fit with station. Able and willing to accept supervision.
- Works well with others, trustworthy, honest, dependable and is passionate about the outreach of Hope Media Group / WayFM.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and organization skills.
- Attentive to detail and able to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Flexible schedule to work at station events on evenings and weekends.
- General Knowledge operating audio sound board.
- Experienced with Website and Social Media programs like Facebook, Instagram, and other digital media initiatives with the ability to provide content for all.
- Valid Driver’s License with no traffic violations or tickets.
- Nights and weekends are required for this position.
- Experience with Natural Log, iMedia Touch, Zeta, Aquira, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Adobe Audition.
- Experience with FTP or similar file transfer protocol software.
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications discipline.
- 5 years of broadcasting experience.
- Bi-lingual English & Spanish a plus
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to be teachable
- Heart for Christian ministry
- Strong moral character
- Budget management
- Heart for Christian ministry
- Strong moral character
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Spiritually grounded and working knowledge of scripture
- Must be an active member of a Bible believing local church
To apply for this position, please click Operations Coordinator.
Hope Media Group (dba WayFM) is a religious organization and integrates its Christian faith and convictions into every aspect of its operations, including employment. Hope Media Group makes employment-related decisions based on a person’s religious beliefs, spiritual maturity, conduct/lifestyle and its consistency with Scripture, Christian values, and other standards of conduct as determined by Hope Media Group.
Date Posted: August 2022
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.