Southwest Home for the Holidays Official Rules
Contest in conjunction with WAY-FM Network.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Donation is not required to enter.
In conjunction with WAY-FM, listeners can participate in a contest to win a trip “Home For The Holidays” via Southwest Airlines. The radio station will plan and conduct this contest.
Contest begins Wednesday December 06, 2017 at 7:00PM CST through Thursday December 07, 2017 at 7:00PM CST. Entrants not located in Central Standard Time zone must factor in the time difference.
Residents of the United States may enter the drawing by calling WAY-FM (the Station) at 800-455-1929 or accessing the Station’s website at http://www.WAYFM.com during the Year End 2017 WAY-FM Pledge Drive. Current employees of WAY-FM are not eligible. You must be 18 years or older to enter the contest. No entries will be allowed for those under the age of 18.
NO PURCHASE, DONATION PLEDGE, OR DONATION IS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY.
For an alternate way to win, you may enter by e-mailing email@example.com.
The prize awarded by WAY-FM will include round trip travel, up to $2000, to any Southwest Airlines destination and will be awarded two (2) separate times on Thursday, December 07, 2017 (5:00AM CST – 10:30AM CST and 10:30AM CST – 7:00PM CST). Finalists will be drawn of all eligible entrants in each day-part with Winning Contestant(s) drawn from the finalists.
Drawing for the prize will be December 2017. This contest is closed to employees of WAY-FM. The Winning Contestant(s) authorize WAY-FM to publish their names and photos in publications of said organizations.
All prize fulfillments will be coordinated through and approved by WAY-FM. Winning Contestant(s) understand that there are inherent risks that are associated with the shipment of goods. Winning Contestant(s) waives their rights to pursue any and all claims against WAY-FM or any of their respective affiliates, officers, directors, employees or agents for damages, which may be suffered.
Winning Contestant(s) further acknowledges that because of the unpredictability of political and meteorological conditions or other circumstances, which may be beyond the control of WAY-FM, that prize(s) may be cancelled or postponed, with or without advance notice. In such circumstances, the Winning Contestant(s) will not be entitled to a substitute prize, except as is offered by WAY-FM in its sole discretion.
The prizes may not be cashed or exchanged for cash, nor may the prizes be transferred to any other person without the written permission of WAY-FM. By entering this contest, the Winning Contestant(s) agrees to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules.
WAY-FM and their agents have engaged the service of vendors for arranging this prize(s); and, as a consequence, WAY-FM accepts no responsibility for accidents, damages, delays due to strikes, or to faults or defaults of any vendor used in fulfillment of this prize.
The Winning Contestant(s) acknowledges that all benefits, which are associated with the prizes, may be considered as income or as a benefit under federal, state and local income tax regulations, which will be subject to taxation. The Winning Contestant(s) acknowledges and agrees that it will be the sole responsibility of the Winning Contestant(s) to determine if any tax liability will result from the awarding of the prize to the Winning Contestant(s), what the tax liability will be if any tax liability should exist, and to be responsible for all tax liability that may exist from the awarding of the trip.
Any applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of the Winning Contestant(s) and not that of WAY-FM. The Winning Contestant(s) will be required to sign a W-9 form, provided before receiving any prizes valued at over $300. Any Winning Contestant(s) that receives a prize, or multiple prizes within the calendar year, valued at over $600 will receive a 1099.
WAY-FM reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value at its sole discretion. WAY-FM, whose decision is final, will decide any questions concerning the rules and the administration of the promotion.
The Winning Contestant(s) agrees to release and hold harmless WAY-FM from any loss or liability arising out of participation in this promotion or the acceptance and use of the prize.
By accepting prizes, the Winning Contestant(s) agrees to permit WAY-FM to use the Winning Contestant(s)’s biographical information (in addition to the Winning Contestants(s)’s name and photograph or likeness) for promotional and ministry purposes without compensation to the Winning Contestant(s).
WAY-FM, without prior notice, may amend these rules at any time. However, all changes will be filed at the local radio station.
Here are the basic guidelines regarding our contests.
• NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
• WAY-FM allows one winner per family within a 30 day period.
• Must live in the continental U.S. to win any contests.
• When you pick up your prize, you agree to allow WAY-FM use your name for promotional purposes.
• You must claim your prize within 30 days of announcing the winner.
Basic Rules for ANY and ALL Contests Broadcast on WAY-FM. We reserve the right to make specific rules for each specific contest as stated above.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
2. All WAY-FM contests are open to all U.S. WAY-FM listeners unless specific age is required by type of contest, participating agency or advertiser or by law.
3. Only one qualifier or winner per family within a 30 day period.
4. WAY-FM contests are open to continental U.S. winners ONLY.
5. Employees of WAY-FM, WAY Media Inc, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors or representatives and their immediate families are ineligible to win any contest. Employees and immediate families of any other media group are ineligible to win any WAY-FM contest.
6. All winners agree to allow WAY-FM to use their name, and/or likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation. All calls coming in to WAY-FM may be recorded and aired on WAY-FM without further approval.
7. Winners may NOT request substitution or other consideration from the originally awarded prize.
8. ALL prizes are non-transferable.
9. All Prizes, unless otherwise specified, must be claimed within thirty days of winning. It is the responsibility of the winner to claim the prize within 30 days.
10. WAY-FM is not responsible for prizes that are picked up or delivered after the date of expiration.
11. All unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. WAY-FM is at liberty to give away any unclaimed prize at the end of the thirty-day period.
12. In the event that a winner chooses not to accept a prize, he or she forfeits all claim to a prize. WAY-FM then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to a contest runner-up.
13. WAY-FM reserves the right to revoke prizes if the winner does not meet any or all eligibility requirements, even though an announcement may have been made on the air indicating that person was the winner.
14. Any applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner and not that of WAY-FM. The winner will be required to sign a W9 form, provided before receiving any prizes valued at over $300. Any winner that receives a prize, or multiple prizes within the calendar year, valued at over $600 will receive a 1099.
15. WAY-FM will not be responsible, or be held liable for prizes awarded to an event that is canceled due to circumstances beyond our control.
16. The winning contestant further acknowledges that because of the unpredictability of political and meteorological conditions or other circumstances, which may be beyond the control of WAY-FM, prizes may be canceled, postponed or shortened, with or without advance notice. In such circumstances, the winning contestant will not be entitled to a substitute prize or trip, except as is offered by WAY-FM in its sole discretion.
17. By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless WAY Media Inc, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors, or representatives from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on any libel, slander, illegal competition or trade practice, violation of rights of privacy, infringement of copyrights or other rights of third parties.
18. All contest entries become the property of WAY-FM. WAY-FM may withhold any or all contest entry materials, for any reason, station management deems crucial to the completion of the contest, or for reasons relating to publicity and/or advertising.
19. Unless otherwise stated, multiple entries by the same person will be discarded and may be deemed cause for disqualification.
20. WAY-FM contests are usually conducted by having person(s) call in to the studio on-air line, enter on WAY-FM website, enter through the mail or sign up at the WAY-FM Booth at community events.
21. WAY-FM is not responsible for problems occurring within the telephone system which either inhibit or increase the chances of winning a phone-in contest. In the event two or more phones lines are “tied together” during a phone in contest, the entire call and all callers “tied together” will be disqualified and another caller will be taken. WAY-FM cannot award duplicate prizes to all parties in a “tied together” situation. In case of telephone line malfunctions, the decision of WAY-FM will be final.
22. In the event of a tie, two prizes will NOT be awarded. A tie will be broken by random drawing from among the tied, qualified entries. The drawing will be conducted by WAY-FM, and the results of the drawing are final.
23. With respect to any disputes regarding contests, the decision of WAY-FM is final.
24. Entry of any WAY-FM promotion on Facebook assumes the following:
• A complete release of Facebook by each entrant or participant.
• Any promotions held by WAY-FM Media Inc through Facebook are not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
• Any information provided by the participant is providing information to WAY-FM Media Inc and not to Facebook.
• WAY-FM reserves the right to change these rules without notice at any time.