WAY-FM Dove Awards Experience Contest Rules
The Gospel Music Association (GMA) and WAY Media (WAY-FM) have collaborated to offer The WAY-FM Dove Awards Experience, which inludes one (1) trip for two (2) listeners to travel to Nashville, Tennessee, on Oct 15, to attend the GMA Dove Awards. The free trip for two (2) will include round-trip airfare for two, two (2) tickets to the Dove Awards, and one (1) overnight stay.
The dates for entry into this promotion are September 2 – 8, 2019.
The grand prize winner of the WAY-FM Dove Awards Experience will be announced on September 9, 2019. If the listener whose name is drawn is unable to go on the trip, subsequent drawings will occur from the initial group of entries.
- The adult registering must be 21 years or older and must be a legal resident of the United States. Satisfactory proof of identification and age must be presented before claiming a prize.
- A person cannot enter on behalf of another person.
- GMA and WAY Media are not responsible for lost or delayed emails, for telephone or fax equipment failures causing a contestant to lose or delay the chance to participate.
- Employees of WAY Media, GMA and persons involved with providing the prize or award, or the immediate families of such employees and persons, are not eligible to participate or win.
- Winners are responsible for any and all taxes associated with winning the prize. Winners will need to complete and sign a W-9 form, provided by WAY Media, before receiving any prizes valued at over $600.
- Participants must be a legal resident of the United States for those prizes of a value of $600 or greater value, unless otherwise specified.
- Prizes have no cash equivalent and are not transferable.
- WAY Media reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value or to postpone or cancel the trip in its sole discretion either before or after a winner has been selected.
- WAY Media management will decide any questions concerning the interpretation of rules governing the promotion and the administration of the promotion, and such decisions shall be in the sole discretion of WAY Media and final.
- The promotion rules may be amended at any time by WAY Media management without prior notice.
- WAY Media reserves the right to reject or discard any incomplete or confusing entry and any entry not submitted in accordance with promotion rules.
- No promotion, promotion rules or explanations thereof shall be construed or implemented in any way which violates applicable laws and regulations, including FCC rules and regulations.
- Participants will not have any expectation of privacy concerning the information submitted or the announcement of winners. WAY Media and GMA reserve the right to use such information for any purpose as WAY Media and GMA deems appropriate.
- Submitted photos may be used for WAY-FM promotional purposes outside of this contest.
- Submission of an entry or response shall constitute acceptance of the promotion rules and a waiver of any and all claims against GMA, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and WAY Media and its subsidiaries and affiliates related to the promotion.
No purchase or donation necessary to enter.
The Grand Prize is:
- Roundtrip coach airfare for two (2) to Nashville, TN. Any winner from Alaska or Hawaii is responsible for their own airfare to the United States mainland.
- 1-night Hotel stay (based on double occupancy at a standard hotel).
- Two (2) tickets to The GMA Dove Awards, October 15, 2019.
- The winner is responsible for all other incidental expenses that occur during the trip (such as personal souvenirs, tips, ground transportation and food).
- Once booked, the winner will be subject to normal flight cancellation policies.
Enter to win the WAY-FM Dove Awards Experience by sharing a photo with WAY-FM, either through website/app entry, or through social media by posting the photo with the hashtag, “WayToTheDoves.” The winner will be announced on September 9, 2010. Only one entry per person.
For traditional entry through the WAY-FM app or WAYFM.COM, listener will provide the following:
* First Name:
* Last Name:
* Daytime Phone:
Contest begins September 2, 2019, at midnight CST and ends September 8, 2019, at midnight CST. Entrants not located in Central Standard Time zone must factor in the time difference.
Residents of the United States may enter the drawing by accessing the Station’s website at http://www.WAYFM.com or by posting a photo onine with the hashtag “WayToTheDoves.” Current employees of GMA and WAY-FM are not eligible. You must be 18 years or older to enter the contest. No entries will be allowed for those under the age of 18.
NO PURCHASE, DONATION PLEDGE, OR DONATION IS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY.
Basic Rules for ANY and ALL Contests Broadcast on WAY-FM. We reserve the right to make specific rules for each specific contest as stated above.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
- All WAY-FM contests are open to all U.S. WAY-FM listeners unless specific age is required by type of contest, participating agency or advertiser or by law.
- Only one qualifier or winner per family within a 30 day period.
- WAY-FM contests are open to continental U.S. winners ONLY.
- Employees of WAY-FM, WAY Media Inc, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors or representatives and their immediate families are ineligible to win any contest. Employees and immediate families of any other media group are ineligible to win any WAY-FM contest.
- All winners agree to allow WAY-FM to use their name, and/or likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation. All calls coming in to WAY-FM may be recorded and aired on WAY-FM without further approval.
- Winners may NOT request substitution or other consideration from the originally awarded prize.
- ALL prizes are non-transferable.
- All Prizes, unless otherwise specified, must be claimed within thirty days of winning. It is the responsibility of the winner to claim the prize within 30 days.
- WAY-FM is not responsible for prizes that are picked up or delivered after the date of expiration.
- All unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. WAY-FM is at liberty to give away any unclaimed prize at the end of the thirty-day period.
- In the event that a winner chooses not to accept a prize, he or she forfeits all claim to a prize. WAY-FM then has the right, at its discretion, to award that prize to a contest runner-up.
- WAY-FM reserves the right to revoke prizes if the winner does not meet any or all eligibility requirements, even though an announcement may have been made on the air indicating that person was the winner.
- Any applicable taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner and not that of WAY-FM. The winner will be required to sign a W9 form, provided before receiving any prizes valued at over $300. Any winner that receives a prize, or multiple prizes within the calendar year, valued at over $600 will receive a 1099.
- WAY-FM will not be responsible, or be held liable for prizes awarded to an event that is canceled due to circumstances beyond our control.
- The winning contestant further acknowledges that because of the unpredictability of political and meteorological conditions or other circumstances, which may be beyond the control of WAY-FM, prizes may be canceled, postponed or shortened, with or without advance notice. In such circumstances, the winning contestant will not be entitled to a substitute prize or trip, except as is offered by WAY-FM in its sole discretion.
- By participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees to release and hold harmless WAY Media Inc, its agencies, affiliates, sponsors, or representatives from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, and property damage, and claims based on any libel, slander, illegal competition or trade practice, violation of rights of privacy, infringement of copyrights or other rights of third parties.
- All contest entries become the property of WAY-FM. WAY-FM may withhold any or all contest entry materials, for any reason, station management deems crucial to the completion of the contest, or for reasons relating to publicity and/or advertising.
- Unless otherwise stated, multiple entries by the same person will be discarded and may be deemed cause for disqualification.
- WAY-FM contests are usually conducted by having person(s) call in to the studio on-air line, enter on WAY-FM website, enter through the mail or sign up at the WAY-FM Booth at community events.
- WAY-FM is not responsible for problems occurring within the telephone system which either inhibit or increase the chances of winning a phone-in contest. In the event two or more phones lines are “tied together” during a phone in contest, the entire call and all callers “tied together” will be disqualified and another caller will be taken. WAY-FM cannot award duplicate prizes to all parties in a “tied together” situation. In case of telephone line malfunctions, the decision of WAY-FM will be final.
- In the event of a tie, two prizes will NOT be awarded. A tie will be broken by random drawing from among the tied, qualified entries. The drawing will be conducted by WAY-FM, and the results of the drawing are final.
- With respect to any disputes regarding contests, the decision of WAY-FM is final.
- Entry of any WAY-FM promotion on Facebook assumes the following:
- A complete release of Facebook by each entrant or participant.
- Any promotions held by WAY-FM Media Inc through Facebook are not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Any information provided by the participant is providing information to WAY-FM Media Inc and not to Facebook.
- WAY-FM reserves the right to change these rules without notice at any time.