We know there are tons of ministries, non-profit organizations, and other service providers who help those in need all over The Gulf Coast every day! But YOU might not know about them! That’s why we present the 88.3 WAY-FM Service Spotlight! Each month we will highlight an organization in The Gulf Coast who are changing lives in our very community.
If you are part of or know an organization who would like to be a part of the Service Spotlight – let us know!
July’s Service spotlight is on
The mission of Covenant Hospice is to provide comprehensive, compassionate services to patients and their loved ones during times of life-limiting illnesses.
Are you looking for a way to Live Service Out this month? Covenant Hospice has a TON of different ways you can help!
- Be a Yard Angel! Have a mower and a group of friends, church members, or family? Dedicate a morning to helping clean up a patient’s yard.
- Share your special talents! Many of our patients enjoy volunteers and guests who play soft music at their bedside. Are you a liscenced massage therapist or hairdresser? Many of our patients enjoy these supportive programs as well.
- Patient and Family Support – With special training, volunteers can support patients and families by providing patient companionship, a short break for caregivers, assisting with small tasks, running errands, or providing transportation.
- Administrative Support – Volunteers help provide administrative support to hospice staff in the office
- We Honor Veterans Program – Active military and veteran volunteers visit and recognize veteran patients honoring them for their service to our country.
- Bereavement volunteers support family members who have lost loved ones by making calls to check on them and helping with support groups.
- Fundraising is the perfect volunteer activity for groups…you’ll have fun together while helping Covenant provide care for patients, regardless of their ability to pay.
- Ambassador volunteers represent Covenant in the community and speak to small groups.
If any of that sounds like something you want to be a part of just fill out the form below!