Each one of us have been affected in some way or another by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. We are here to remind you that our Hope and Faith is in Jesus, and we are ALL in this together!
It’s also important to remember that some of our friends and neighbors are facing greater risks and needs, as various precautionary restrictions are put into place to reduce the risk of exposure to the virus.
If you or someone you know has a need, or if you want to help those with a need, we’ve put together a list of resources. This list will be updated as the situation progresses:
If you need food, supplies and assistance…
FOOD & SUPPLIES
- The Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida is helping families with food supplies. Click here for more information.
- The Lee County School District is providing food for students at 24 school locations across the county, as well as at multiple other locations within our community. Please visit www.leeschools.net/covid-19 for more information.
- Collier County Public Schools is offering free grab-and-go meals for kids 18 and under at several locations. Information for times and a list of pick-up sites can be found by clicking here.
- Champs Cafe has extended free meals to students 18 and under during Charlotte County Public School closures. More information and a list of pick-up sites can be found here.
- Community Cooperative has a list of great resources, including a mobile food pantry schedule and location list. Please click here for more information.
- If you live in Hendry County, Emergency Management has a list of resources including school lunch pick-up times and locations on their website. Click here for more information.
- Let others pray for you by posting a prayer request on the WAY-FM Prayer Wall
- If you think you may be experiencing symptoms, you can call the COVID-19 Public Information Hotline: (877) 857-2945, available daily, 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
- An up-to-date COVID-19 statistics map from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) can be found here. The CDC also offers a lot of helpful information on prevention, symptoms and treatment.
- There is a COVID-19 Economic Relief Fund to assist with food, rent and bills. Please call 1-866-211-9966 for help.
- You can call the Florida Department of Health 24/7 at 1-866-779-6121. You can also visit Lee Health’s website for more information by clicking here.
- During this time, Xfinity has opened its public WiFi hotspots to everyone. Click here for more information.
If you are well, able and looking for ways to help your neighbors…
- Pray for others by visiting the WAY-FM Prayer Wall.
- You can donate online to help Community Cooperative by visiting www.communitycooperative.com/donate
- The American Red Cross is facing a major blood shortage and are in need of donations! If you are healthy and can help out, please call 1-800-RED-CROSS or make an appointment by clicking here.
- The Washington Post has created a good list of nonprofit organizations that could use your help during this pandemic. Click here to see the list.
- If you have friends or family that you know are considered to be more at risk, check on them regularly. If you have a surplus of food or resources, share some of what you have with them or offer to go and get food and supplies for them.
If you have information or a resource that we can add to this list, let us know!